Jean Jani . July 1957
In the early ’70s, Gary Arlington, founder of the underground comix publishing house, The San Francisco Comic Book Company, commissioned a number of artists to create “new” EC Comics covers for a series of single sheet illustrations he published called the Nickel Library. Unfortunately, William Gaines threatened to sue Arlington for copyright infringement and the series was stopped after only 64 sheets were produced. Here are three original covers by Charles Dallas, Roger Brand, and Larry Todd from the series.
Lower East Side Manhattan 1940s Photo: Rebecca Lepkoff
Moon Over Miami (20th Century Fox, 1941)